Networking

Tyneside Pop Up Film School.

During the first year of my course I chose to take part in a practical experience with Tyneside Cinema film studios. This experience included a group filming task where in groups of 5 or 6, we were to create a short film trailer for the horror genre. Whilst doing this my skills in teamwork and leadership improved as I was taking a leadership role in editing the trailer. The day was of great value in the understanding of my role involved with media as my networking was helped by the three Tyneside Cinema staff who gave hints and tips for the parts we were in control of. Some of the equipment and procedures that I have not personally used or heard much about were explained by the staff.

Box Clever Events.

Whilst in first year of the course I was asked by a client to film and event they were holding to help promote their charitable work. This task had the added benefit of also gaining permission to help promote the other side of Box Clever Events which is the training side for it as this would also help them. Within this task I was able to have someone to help film as to have multiple angles of a shot to help gain perspective on the situation at hand. This had helped improve my skills in teamwork and communication as I would be in charge of the shots in which I had in mind for each one. The task was invaluable when it comes to the understanding the expectations of clients and their visions. My networking with this client has improved as I have done another promotion for Box Clever Events in the second year of the course.

Spark FM

Whilst still in my first year of the course I was involved in a trip to Spark FM at Sunderland University to gain knowledge in the radio production. Which would help with the understanding of sound and it importance in the media industry more productively as it was presented in a workshop style to allow the use of the equipment to further gain the knowledge. The skills that this has helped improve are my communication skills as it is a radio station workshop and my leadership skills as I was the radio presenter in this workshop. My networking with Spark FM was improving as after this session I applied to be a presenter on their show which was allowed for new starters.

Halloween Event

In the second year of the course I was offered to take part in filming a Halloween Event for the college. This experience included two groups that filmed different participating groups that were involved in the event. The skills in which were improved are teamwork and communication as I was filming the rehearsals for the event. The duration of the task was valuable in the experience in filming a moving piece. The networking gained by this experience was that the groups that were involved asked us to help them with another task after this was over.


Some social media techniques that I have used are Blogger as this is where all my work has been kept as this will help show the progression of my work from the start of the course till the end of the course. This showreel is all of the digital work in which I have done during this course as it would also help to improve my digital sills.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Importance Of Sound Editing

Radio Drama Pre-Production Log

Castlist