pre production evaluation

The first stage of pre-production was the initial ideas for the project. In this I decided on what I was going to do and this was how I came up with the product. This helped me as without this the product would not have had the same impact and the whole pre-production process would have had a negative effect as it would not have been as efficient as it was. For the ideas I made little notes and decided on the genre, how it would be told and then how many characters would be involved.

The way that the next stage helped the overall quality of the production is without the script the entire production would have been completely improvised so with the idea and the genre that was defiantly not a possibility so I decided to make more notes on how it would be set out as the shots being external and internal with aspects of fourth wall breaks as it was to have the comedy side as to show the side of a comedy but the serious side of a horror. It was successful as the cast knew what they were saying and some seemed as if that character was made for them as if they were playing themselves.

The budget for the production was very small as all of the items were already bought and owned so the budget didn't cover them but if there was one thing that I would change is buying or hiring another camera as to film more than one scene at a time which shortens the actual filming time so more time can be spent on editing and re-shooting scenes.

When filming I came up with more ideas for the production so I asked the actors if they could do the ideas to find out if would work or  not and some of the ideas did work more than the main script so that scene was slightly changed.

The way I organized my cast and crew was to tell them who I needed for filming and who I would like to be on camera at that time. I allowed the cast some time to remember their lines for that scene and it was filmed character by character which allows the actor to retain their lines incase they were to forget it.

The risks were thought of well before filming as to allow the risk to be settled as not to cause injury to any personal involved in the making of the production. There were no risks that occurred during filming process, but the risks that were thought of were moving vehicles as one of the locations was close to a car park so that was a definite risk that was clearly planned out and avoided.

My general thoughts on the entire process was to improve the way that I planned the filming and the times taken to film a small scene, so I would already have the ideas written down so if I have an idea for a certain scene I can always have a little note on it as to shorten the rehearsals down by a couple of minutes per scene.

For the directors commentary of the product: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8WCabdctlI

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Importance Of Sound Editing

Radio Drama Pre-Production Log

Castlist