Radio Drama Pre-Production Log


When I started the radio drama, I needed to make sure that the script didn’t have musical numbers within and if there was any I re-arranged the words, if necessary, to make sense as a spoken line for the character. This would allow more chance for the audience to gain an opinion on the character as this would also gain the interest for the audience. After I finished looking for the musical numbers, I then looked for any sound effects that would need to be made using foley. This would help the audience visualise what is happening in the scene more vividly.

 

For recording the audio, me and my crew headed to the recording studio and set up the area that we would be using. The set up included turning the mac and making sure the speakers and xlr’s were plugged in to the correct places as to be more effective in the recording. The microphone that we used was tested as soon as the rest was set up to ensure that it was working before trying the take. After we finished all necessary recordings, I transferred the audio from the mac, that we recorded on, to another ac which has the foley sounds that would be used in the radio drama.

 

Whilst in the editing software, Logic pro, I was making sure that the audio in which we recorded be fore was working as it should. The foley sounds that we had were small sounds like keys placed on a desk and a baby crying, these again would create the surroundings in which we needed. At the beginning and end I had used a fade which meant the audience don’t get shocked by the piece suddenly stopping and starting. After the editing was complete I listened to the full piece to see if any adjustments were needed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Importance Of Sound Editing

Castlist